Thursday, May 12, 2005

I don't want to go on a rant here...

mediabistro: TVNewser

But this is pretty lame. I really like the Dennis Miller show, even though he doesn't get the best guests. I usually watch the replay of it later in the evening when I'm going to bed and I think he's entertaining as hell. Now I am down to zero decent late night talk shows (I was a Kilbourn fan). What a shame, I guess I'll just have to watch the third Sportscenter of the day and get ZERO new information.

Speaking of ranting, is there anything more stupid than this new Trifecta crap? Why not give Baseball Tonight the hour it deserves? There is no need for an outside the lines nightly. There are not enough truely compelling stories to fill 5 nights a week. It's crap, and it is pissing me off. If Fox Sports would get their act together and do some quality sports programming, they could steal a lot of viewership. Plenty of real sports people are getting quite sick of the MTV atmosphere that is starting to invade Sportscenter. In the last week I have seen that freaking IDIOT Stu Scott walking on a treadmill and wearing a ballcap and sweatshirt to close the show. ESPN needs more professionals like Dan Patrick. I'll tell you what, the best people on that show these days are Peter Gammons and Tim Kuprisin. More professionalism and less idiocy, the whole country should adopt that mantra.