Tuesday, May 10, 2005

In Case You Haven't Noticed, and Judging by the Attendance You Haven't

Honestly, I have been incredibly preoccupied lately. There is something special about what is going on down at Miller Park and it's a damn shame that everyone seems to be missing it. No, they aren't playing .750 ball and they aren't nipping the heels of the Cardinals, but they are playing very good baseball. This isn't the flukie, home run fueled winning streak of past years. Granted, they still might fall apart this year, but we are finally able to see the pieces fitting into place. I've missed only four home games so far and I feel terrible when I miss one. Why? Well yes I am a die hard Crew fan and have rarely missed many games (former beer vendor, so I went to the first 2 1/2 years solid at Miller Park) but there is something else.

For the first time I can remember it is possible to SEE a winner being formed. Hardy WILL hit. He'll end this year around .250 and a solid #2 hitter, and by next year will find his form as around a career .280 avg. with a .330-370 OB. Later this year we will see some more call-ups as guys start getting moved (don't be shocked if the Crew is minus Lee, Overbay, and Spivey by September)and we may get to see Fielder as an everyday guy for a month if OVerbay gets shipped out. Secondly, Hendrickson, while he is struggling now, will probably get a shot in late summer as will Capellan. I think by the end of thise year we will have a good look at a team that will be in serious contention for NL Central Champs in 06.

It is because of this excitement that I have been spending all my time on baseball blogs and minor league scouting sites and listening to MLB Home Plate on XM radio (honestly the greatest channel in the history of radio). I have spent my nights watching the crew while listening to the Cards, Cubs and Astros on XM. It's become a bit overwhelming and I have really fell off on politics.

Trust me however, as this nuclear option blows up (possibly Thursday) and the Governor race heats up and politics gets a tad jucier as the summer progresses, I will be back to posting in bunches. This isn't to say that I am taking a hiatus or anything, and since the Brewers go on the road my weeknights will be a lot less hectic, just to explain my recent slacking.

Go out and see the Crew!!

Oh yeah, check out House of Flying Daggers, a Zhang Yimou film...saw it this weekend, fantastic!