Sunday, June 12, 2005

South Park Conservatives

I finally got around to listening to the gop.com podcast with the author of South Park Conservatives, Brian Anderson. I am particularly interested in this book because I have an inkling that my political views are closer to the so-called "south park conservatives" than they are with traditional conservatives. By this I mean on social issues I tend to lean somwhat more libertarian than I do on economic issues, where I am a hard core free market Randian.

Anyway, to the point. I listened to the podcast and was quite surprised. It is well done, insightful, and entertaining. I think it is about ten or fifteen minutes and well worth the listen.

In short, I will be picking up South Park Conservatives tomorrow, and will drop a review when I get a chance.

To keep the reading kick going (and to make it look like I do more than surf the internet) I am currently reading Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity. It's actually a well-written, light read that has some helpful techniques about how to get your work done without the hassle of all-out mental effort, thus really freeing up your free time. I recommend it to anyone with a job that also wants to have a life. The fact that it was helpful to me, a 23 year old without any real responsibility, I imagine it would be incredibly helpful to those who have to share their time with family.