Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Brewers Draft: Rounds 6-whenever

I'll just keep the rest in this thread and update it as they draft. These rounds fly by, and God knows how long this will go on, so I will try and consolidate.

Round Six:

UPDATE: Steven J Hammond (6-2 205) LHP Long Beach State (two long beach pitchers go in a row...odd).

Gregory Reinhard from UW-Whitewater got picked by Tampa Bay.

Round Seven:

UPDATE: Michael C Brantley (6'2'' 180 5/15/1987) CF Fort Pierce HS (Son of Blue Jays hitting coach, Mickey Brantley)

Round Eight:

I can't help but notice the Brewers have yet to pick up a Catcher. I'm not sure of what type of catchers are available but how do they expect to get any catching depth if we sign no catchers. I am thinking I should hit an open tryout. I'm still only 23 with a live arm. I'm playing with my pop in an alumni game this weekend so we'll see what I have left.

Brewers 8th round pick: Jemile M Weeks (Rickie Weeks younger brother) HS shortstop 5'9'' 160lbs. Lake Brantley Florida

There is actually a lot of info on weeks.

he Weeks' siblings are also making this draft a family affair. Rickie Weeks, who is currently starring for Nashville of the Pacific Coast League, is a former first-round pick of Milwaukee. Jemile Weeks is a senior at Lake Brantley High in Florida and has drawn comparisons to his older brother.

The switch-hitting Weeks has a quick bat and has good power to the alleys and at least one National League scout says he is impressed with the way Weeks handles himself on the bases. He's committed to the University of Miami but whether he ever plays there remains to be seen.



Check here, here, and here. Older brother Rickie also gives little bro "props."

Also in Round Eight, Roger Clemens' son, Koby, was drafted by the Astros.

Round Nine:

UPDATE: Pick #265 - Carlos E Hereaud (yet another) Third Baseman 6'0'' 195lbs 2/20/1986 from Lawrence E Elkins HS. Seems he is a commit to University of Houston.

Round Ten:

UPDATE: Pick #295 - Stevenson Garrison LHP The Hun School (NJ) 6'1'' 185 09/12/1986



Talk about young looking!!

Round Eleven:

UPDATE: Supposedly now is the time most teams start to look at positional needs, so I expect the Brewers to take two or three catchers in the coming rounds. Signability is no longer an issue as teams look to take a flier on someone who they hope they can sign, it seems there are a few good HS catchers (i.e 7 years away) still available.

Pick #325 - Brent W Allar RHP Weatherford College Texas 6'2'' 210 3/1/1985



Well, it seems XM has cut off Draft Coverage but I am going home soon anyway, so here is where the live coverage ends. I will go through it later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning and update everything else. I hope this was informative.

UPDATE: I switched over to listening at mlb.com, and will be here til about 5:30. After that I'm seriously out of here.

Round Twelve:

UPDATE: Pick # 355 - John L Alonso First Baseman Polk Community College Winterhaven Florida 6'0'' 220 2/19/1986

Sorry, that's all I have time for, I'll probably update more during the game tonight if I don't end up going. I also still have to post about last night's fantastic game.