Monday, February 07, 2005

A heartfelt thank you to our men and women

It turns out that Michelle Malkin wasn't the only reason I have been inundated (with extreme gratitude) today. A poster on www.snipershide.com reposted her post, which included the blurb about me.

I am not exactly sure who visits the sniper web site, but I have a pretty good idea they are mostly men and women who have served or are serving in our Armed Forces.

I just wanted to point out that these people have been personally insulted and I wanted to offer my utmost gratitude to each and every person involved with all United States military branches. It is truly an honor to have even a few of you read this page, and even a bigger honor that in some way, I am able to help (if only slightly) right this ridiculous wrong. I urge you to write Dr. Brower, if only to express your outrage at the comments he made.

I can't imagine the sacrifices, discipline, and courage it takes to be a forward scout and sniper. If I could I would thank each and every one of you personally, but for now this will have to do.

To all who are protecting me and our country on the front lines and here at home...thank you.