Friday, February 04, 2005

Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore Award

I've sort of been ignoring this story, because I am afraid I may be a little over the top when I say I am glad this guy is in our armed forces. The DUer's have been up in arms about this story for a few days now, and I thought it was pretty damn funny.

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050203/2005-02-03T223637Z_01_N03420928_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-IRAQ-MARINES-GENERAL-DC.html

I know that in today's PC world, he went waaaay too far, but I think it was right on. Basically, some people deserve to die, and he takes pleasure in being the one who gets to do it.

"Actually it's quite fun to fight 'em, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun
to shoot some people. I'll be right up front with you, I like brawling," Mattis
said.
"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five
years because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis said during a panel discussion.
"You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a
lot of fun to shoot them."


I love the smell of napalm in the morning.